Helping Businesses Grow and Succeed
Florida SBDC at UWF’s Small Business Management (SBM) Program will help your business in these areas:
- Business Growth Plans
- Goal Setting
- Financial Analysis
- Management Strategies
- Financial Statements
- Record Keeping
- Marketing and Social Media Strategies
- Legal Forms of Business
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Borrowing Money
- Increasing Sales
- Human Resources Strategies
- Government Contracting
- Sustainable Leadership
- Retirement Planning
- Business Disaster and Continuation
- International Trade
About the SBM Program
This dynamic, limited enrollment program is an intensive nine-month course offered at both your place of business and the classroom. Participants will benefit from comprehensive
business education, peer-to-peer interaction and ongoing business advising. To ensure the quality of your experience, only 10 businesses will be selected to participate each session. Successful applicants will demonstrate their willingness to commit the resources necessary for their success. Priority is given to previous participants.
- Nine month program
- Third Thursday of each month, 6–9 p.m.
- Monthly personal visits by your SBDC Consultant at your place of business, for up to two hours specific to your business needs and issues.
- $599 per business
- Share what you are learning with a key staff member — each company selected may have two participants.
SBM Program at a Glance
Basics of Financial Analysis
Gain insight into your business financial health through your financial statements.
Effective Management Strategies
Explore growth planning, mission statements, goal setting, and time management.
Creating a Successful Culture
Learn how to develop a sustainable culture that maximizes employee retention.
Principles of Marketing
Understand the Four P’s of marketing, target audience, and create a marketing plan.
Develop internet and social media strategies for marketing, SEO, online and email campaigns.
Negotiating In Business
You will never make money faster than when you’re SUCCESSFULLY NEGOTIATING!
Leadership and Managing Change
Examine business ethics and best practices for managing leadership change.
Long-Term Financial Planning
Study options for achieving long-term financial goals, and establishing exit strategies.
Identify a shared topic of interest that emerges from current business events.
Take the test!
- Have a desire to succeed as a small business owner?
- Have the technical skills to deliver a great product or service?
- Need help with how to manage your business success?
- Want to manage your time and financial resources to achieve greater ROI?
- Want to understand how to develop a social media marketing strategy?
- Spend more time working in your business rather than on your business?
If you answered YES, contact us to apply!
Who can apply?
Business owners who have been operating for at least two years.
What is the process?
All applicants must apply to be accepted into the program. Please contact SBM Program Manger Glenn McDuffy at 850-474-2528 with any questions.
When will I hear if I’m selected for the program?
We typically announce which businesses are accepted approximately one month before the start of the nine month session.
When does it run?
Classes will be held every third Thursday of the month for nine months unless otherwise noted.
How will the program work?
Engage. Connect. Grow.