International trade represents a wealth of opportunities for small and medium sized businesses. However, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce, an overwhelming 97% of U.S. small business owners are not currently engaged in exporting.
International Trade Services
The Small Business Development Center at UWF has developed the knowledge and resources to assist small business owners in creating and implementing international trade strategies through:
- One-on-one consulting with International Certified Global Business Professionals
- Development and execution of Export Marketing Plans
- Training workshops on requirements and tips for international trade
- Customized industry and country research
- Network of trade professionals
How Do I Get Started?
- If you are a new business, visit the Start Your Business section of the Florida SBDC website. If you are an existing business, visit the Growth Acceleration section of our website. You must complete the prerequisites prior to receiving individual consulting assistance.
- Please complete the online Request for Consulting application found on either link above.
- Within three business days you will be contacted by the Florida SBDC at UWF to get started on your path to success.
Consulting with a Certified Business Analyst is available at no cost. To make an appointment, contact our office at 850-912-4434 or email@example.com. Please be sure to mention international trade as the reason for your contact.
Includes the Florida Export Series, International Trade Basics, and International Trade Certificate Program — one of a select number of NASBITE-accredited trade assistance programs in the world, and the only one in Florida.
Export Marketing Plan
Ready for new markets? We can help. Our Export Marketing Plan Services will position your company for GROWTH. In partnership with Enterprise Florida, Inc. and the U.S. Commercial Service, the Florida SBDC Network is excited to announce a scholarship to assist qualified manufacturing small businesses in Florida who are “new-to-export” to identify growth strategies through the development of customized Export Marketing Plans.
- Florida manufacturers and professional services providers only
- Products/services must be produced/provided in the state of Florida
- Company’s products must be at least 51% U.S. content
- New-to-export or infrequent exporters preferred
- Minimum of two years in business
- Five or more full-time employees
- $500,000 to $10 million in annual sales
Applications are now being accepted.